The Virtual Science Bus, delivered by NIHERST presents a wide range of topics and activities within STREAM (Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, Arts & Math).
Teachers! Expose your students to a variety of hands-on STREAM activities and associated career paths!
For this term, our virtual outreach activities are available to secondary school students of ALL Forms, Form 6 inclusive!
For the period May-June 2022, we are offering the following:
- Week 1 - Science (May 9th to 13th 2022) - Human Body System: Cardiovascular, System & Digestive System
- Week 2 - Technology (May 16th to 20th 2022) - Learning to Code & Robotic Arm Challenge
- Week 3 - Research (May 23rd to 27th 2022) - Gene Traits & Homemade Seismograph
- Week 4 - Engineering (June 1st to 3rd 2022) - Structural Engineering & Chemical Structures
- Week 5 - Arts (June 6th to 10 2022) - Wire Bending & Nebula Art
- Week 6 - Mathematics (June 13th to 17th 2022) - Quick Math Puzzle & Pharmaceutical Mathematics
Our STREAM topics are applicable to the following career paths: Medical Practitioner, Sport Physiotherapist, Nutritionist, Seismologist, Physicist, Electrical Engineer, Robotics Technician, Chemical Engineer Material Scientist, Chemist Researcher within general Life Sciences, Lecturer, Architect, Cultural Artisans, Sketch Artist and more.
The Virtual Science Bus sessions can be facilitated using Zoom on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays. In order to facilitate as many schools as possible kindly choose only three (3) topics, either the morning or evening session. You have the option of a Morning Session (10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.) or an Evening Session (1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
Please note that we are only able to accommodate a limited number of students per session to ensure a quality learning experience.